Hey Insiders! Welcome to the Well.
I’ve been slowly working my way through a one pound bag of dried lavender, and enjoying the soothing scent and health benefits. You probably know that taking a deep inhale of lavender can be super relaxing, but did you know you can eat lavender? Yep, that’s right. It’s an herb, so you can use it as one. Personally, I put it in smoothies.
In addition to tasting and smelling beautiful, lavender boasts lots of health benefits. After reading through them, you might decide to buy your own bag to have around the kitchen.
Benefits of Eating Lavender
1. Lavender has polyphenols, which help to fight bloating caused by an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut.
2. Lavender contains phytonutrients, which promote liver health, contain antioxidants, and decrease inflammation.
3. Lavender tea can help with headaches and stress.
4. Consuming lavender can help to relieve premenstrual symptoms.
5. Lavender is a natural antibiotic
6. Provides you with vitamin A, calcium, iron, and contains very little fat or calories.
These are just a few of the many health benefits of consuming lavender. It tastes as lovely as it smells, and it a nice addition to any pantry.
Have you tried eating lavender before? Did you love it or hate it? I’d love to read about it in the comments! Thanks for stopping by the Well!